The American Express® Prepaid Card offer is currently not available from Creditnet.com
However the below card(s) are recommended by Creditnet as a great alternative to the American Express® Prepaid Card:
American Express® Prepaid Card
American Express® has added a "fewer fees" prepaid card to its popular suite of cards. In fact, the only fee this card charges is an ATM fee of $2. You may not even need to pay this fee if you only withdraw once a month—you get one free ATM withdrawal every month (up to $400 at a time). Here are the fees you won't be paying with this card:
- No activation fees
- No load fees
- No monthly fees
- No annual fees
- No purchases fees
- No overdraft fees
- No inactivity fees
- No foreign transaction fees
Loading funds is easy. Just enter your account info online to load/reload whenever you want for free. You can also load up to $5,000 from your paycheck each month via direct deposit. Or purchase a MoneyPak® at a local retailer like Walmart, CVS, 7-11, and Walgreens. For a limited time, American Express® will refund you the cost of your first MoneyPak®!
And as a card-carrying member, you'll enjoy the many benefits that make American Express® so popular with its cardholders:
- Great customer service: They've won awards because they're so good!
- Purchase protection: If an eligible item purchased with this card is accidentally damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase, American Express® will reimburse you in full.
- Fraud protection: If your card is lost or stolen, you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent activity. American Express® will actually replace the stolen funds.
- Roadside assistance: Car trouble? Just call the number on the back of your card and help will be on its way in no time.
- Global assist: If you find yourself needing emergency assistance and are more than 100 miles from home, American Express® can help you find the local help you need wherever you are in the world.
- Discounts on travel, entertainment, dining, shopping and more: Merchants we know and love pair up with American Express to offer cardholders great discounts and deals.
You get all these benefits for virtually no fees with the American Express® Prepaid Card. And since you can only spend what's preloaded on the card, there's no risk of overdrafting or ruining your credit.
Have less-than-perfect credit? The American Express® Prepaid Card is a great way for you to start developing good spending and budgeting habits. Regular use of your prepaid card may even earn you an invitation by American Express® to apply for one of their charge cards. Charge cards report your financial activity to credit bureaus, which means your on-time payments and responsible use could help improve your credit standing.