Credit Cards for Fair Credit
If you have a fair credit score, these are the best credit cards for average credit in the marketplace: they offer low or no annual fees, cash back, and more.
Many credit cards for fair credit feature a low or no annual fee and an instant approval decision, so be sure to scan the details regarding special promotions, rewards programs, annual fees, and other pertinent information before applying. Congratulations — you're on your way to improved credit.
Generally, a fair or average credit score ranges from 650-699, putting consumers precisely on the fence when it comes to receiving the best interest rates from credit companies. Credit cards for average credit help you build your credit even further by using a number of strategies and incentives to pay your bill on time each month, including rewards, cash back and lowered APR's over time.
If you have average credit that you’re hoping to build or re-establish, consider our recommendations below for the best credit cards for fair credit on the market today.
Credit One Bank® Unsecured Visa® for Rebuilding Credit Highlights
- Credit One Bank automatically monitors every account for credit line increase opportunities each month. We'll let you know as soon as you're eligible for a higher credit line. A fee may apply.
- See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. Find the card that's right for you in less than 60 seconds.
- Eligible purchases will automatically get you 1% cash back, terms apply.
Although people with fair credit might not yet be approved for the best credit card offers, they don't have to pay the often high fees associated with subprime (a.k.a. bad credit) cards. Look for cards that require "average", "fair", or "limited" credit, as these cards have lower fees and higher approval rates.
Indigo® Platinum MasterCard® Highlights
- Pre-qualification available with no impact to your credit score
- Previous bankruptcy OK
- Easy pre-qualification process with fast response