Credit Cards for Fair Credit
If you have a fair credit score, these are the best credit cards for average credit in the marketplace: they offer low or no annual fees, cash back, and more.
Many credit cards for fair credit feature a low or no annual fee and an instant approval decision, so be sure to scan the details regarding special promotions, rewards programs, annual fees, and other pertinent information before applying. Congratulations — you're on your way to improved credit.
Generally, a fair or average credit score ranges from 650-699, putting consumers precisely on the fence when it comes to receiving the best interest rates from credit companies. Credit cards for average credit help you build your credit even further by using a number of strategies and incentives to pay your bill on time each month, including rewards, cash back and lowered APR's over time.
If you have average credit that you’re hoping to build or re-establish, consider our recommendations below for the best credit cards for fair credit on the market today.
Credit One Bank® Unsecured Visa® Credit Card Highlights
- Get Pre-Qualified without harming your credit score
- 1% cash back on gas & groceries, terms apply
- This is a fully unsecured credit card with no deposit requirement
Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® Highlights
- 2X points on gas, utility and grocery store (excluding Target® and Walmart®) purchases. 1x points on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Points don't expire as long as account is open, active and in good standing
Indigo® Platinum MasterCard® Highlights
- Pre-qualification available with no impact to your credit score
- Previous bankruptcy OK
- Fast and easy instant decision
Since your credit scores will take a small ding every time you apply for a new credit card, make the most out of each application by applying for cards your credit score qualifies for. That way, you'll increase the chance of your being approved the first time around.