Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Transfer credit card balances onto one card and simplify your debt today.
What can balance transfer credit cards do for you? Save big bucks on interest. A new credit card, balance transfer, and lower payments can all be yours with any of these recommended credit cards. Simplify your life by consolidating all your credit card debt onto one card. Some of these balance transfer credit cards even offer rewards programs, offering cash back, miles and/or points for all purchases charged to the credit card. Better yet: many 0% interest credit cards have an introductory period on all funds transferred!
When considering a credit card for balance transfers, make sure to note the length of the intro period you’re signing up for. And furthermore, how long you have after becoming a cardholder to transfer your debt at the lowest possible rate.
0% Balance Transfer Offer for 2015: Discover it - 18 Month Balance Transfer
Intro periods on balance transfer credit cards last anywhere from 3 to 18 months depending on the credit card. Why are they so important? Well, the intro period is the period in which you'll enjoy 0% APR, making it the time in which you’ll be paying your credit card debt back directly without interest. This is the most important time to chip away at your credit debt, which is why we recommend taking full advantage of your credit card’s intro period.
We've listed good balance transfer credit card offers from our partners below - apply today and get the ball rolling on paying down your debt to zero, interest-free!
Find the best credit card for you from our partners.
Discover it® Miles Highlights
- No annual fee & unlimited 1.5x Miles on every dollar you spend on purchases. 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- Exclusive Double Miles Offer: At the end of your first year—when other Miles cards charge an annual fee—Discover doubles all the Miles you've earned.*
- 100 Miles = $1 value. Redeem Miles in any amount toward travel purchases on your statement. Or get cash as a direct deposit to your bank account.*
If you're planning on transferring a balance to your new credit card, remember that the amount you transfer is restricted by your credit limit on the card.
Discover it® Highlights
- 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 14 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- New Freeze It℠ on/off switch lets you prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. Freeze or unfreeze your account in seconds via our website or mobile app.*
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.* Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.