Best Credit Cards With No Foreign Transaction Fees
Credit cards with no foreign transaction fees are the only kinds of cards Americans should consider taking abroad.
Why? Because while most cards charge a transaction fee of 3 percent per dollar spent abroad, credit cards with no foreign transaction fees eliminate these costs completely. Use your credit card abroad to pay for anything; try the local food, swipe for tickets on the train, whatever you need to do to make your trip abroad memorable (and inexpensive).
The credit cards below are our picks for the best credit cards with no foreign transaction fees. You'll find other perks attached to these cards that can help you save on your dream vacation abroad, from cash back to zero interest offers and even hotel loyalty programs.
Make your credit card work for you globally with NO foreign transaction fees.
Find the best credit card for you from our partners.
Discover it® Miles Highlights
- No annual fee & unlimited 1.5x Miles on every dollar you spend on purchases.
- Exclusive Double Miles Offer: At the end of your first year—when other Miles cards charge an annual fee—Discover doubles all the Miles you've earned.*
- 100 Miles = $1 value. Redeem Miles in any amount toward travel purchases on your statement. Or get cash as a direct deposit to your bank account.*
Discover it® Highlights
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter. Now - June 30 earn 5% at Restaurants & Movies on up to $1,500 in purchases after you sign up.* 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cashback for any amount, any time*. Your cash back never expires.
- J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014."+