Citi® Platinum Select®/AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card: 30,000 Sign-up Bonus
f you already fly American a lot or are simply on the hunt for another lucrative sign-up bonus to take advantage of this year, here's why you should check out Citi's new offer: Top 5 Things We Like About the New Citi AAdvantage Card
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- The annual fee is waived for the first year.
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Priority Boarding with Group 1 privileges* and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back - up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*
Like any airline miles credit card, it's not the perfect card offer. Here are the biggest negatives that stood out after our initial review:
What We Don't Like
- You'll still have to pay foreign transaction fees.
The annual fee after the first year is pretty steep at $95.
In spite of the negatives, if you meet all of the spending and redemption requirements during your first year, you could bank about $500 in rewards without paying an annual fee. That alone should make choosing this card pretty much a no-brainer for anyone who is already a frequent flier with American Airlines. And even if you don't fly American often, at least you can bank some free miles and then take a year to try out the card before you have to make a final decision and pay the annual fee. If this sounds like a good fit for your needs, check out our complete review of the Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature Card and consider applying for yours today.
Like what you see? Apply for the Citi® Platinum Select®/AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card today.