Get ready to see Alec Baldwin's cheesy grin plastered all over your TV screen once again! This time, however, Mr. Baldwin has a brand new deal to promote for the Capital One® Venture Rewards Credit Card. It's called the "Venture Double Miles Challenge", and I think travel rewards credit card users everywhere are going to love it. Like Capital One's hugely popular "Match My Miles" promotion, which was launched around the same time in 2011, this new promotion is yet another really great deal for consumers wanting to switch to a better rewards credit card.
Here's 5 reasons you should check it out:
5 Reasons to Try the New Venture Double Miles Challenge
- Capital One will give new cardholders 2 miles for every dollar spent (Up to 100,000 miles) on another travel credit card in 2011. Say you spent $25,000 on another travel credit card last year. That's worth 50,000 bonus miles with your new Venture Card. All you need to do is submit your 2011 year-end summary and spend $1,000 within the first 90 days on your new card. Any non-Capital One® U.S. consumer travel credit card is eligible (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®).
- You'll still earn 2 miles for every dollar you spend on the Venture card, and your miles will never expire.
- You can redeem your points for free flights on any airline, any time, with no blackout dates.
- The annual fee is waived again for the first year. After that it's $59 each year.
- No foreign transaction fees! That'll save you 3% when you venture overseas.
Similar to what we saw last year, this a limited-time promotion that's set to either expire on May 1st, 2012 or when one billion miles have been given away, whichever comes first. My recommendation is to act fast if you don't want to miss out. The "Match My Miles" promotion was so popular in 2011 it didn't even last a month before one billion miles had been doled out. Finally, it's important to note that if you participated in last year's Match My Miles promotion, you're ineligible for this deal. Sorry, but for those of you who missed out last year and felt slighted when your friends were booking trips to the Caribbean with all their free miles, here's your chance to finally get what you deserve. Consider applying for a Capital One® Venture Rewards Credit Card today and get ready to double your miles!